Single component, cement based, multi-use, bonding and active protective primer. Formerly known as EMACO® Nanocrete AP.
- When steel is visible and the available depth of cover is less than 10 mm
- When concrete is contaminated with chlorides
- In critical environments when extra protection is specified
- When the timing at the jobsite does not allow for the repair mortars to be applied immediately after cleaning the steel
1. "Nanoparticle use in cementageous and concrete materials does concentrate on TiO2 and silica fume. Both additives though, are used in small quantities or in a two-layer system and only when specifically required for performance reasons because of the costs involved. Examples of products on a basis of silica fume that are currently at the market are i.e. Chronolia™, Agilia™ and Ductal™ by Lafarge and EMACO® Nanocrete by BASF."
available online (see product link)
1. Broekhuizen. F, Broekhuizen. P (November 2009), Nano-products in the European Construction Industry, European Federation of Building and Woodworkers