Single component, cement based, multi-use, bonding and active protective primer. Formerly known as EMACO® Nanocrete AP.
Used for the protection of reinforcement steel:
- When steel is visible and the available depth of cover is less than 10 mm
- When concrete is contaminated with chlorides
- In critical environments when extra protection is specified
- When the timing at the jobsite does not allow for the repair mortars to be applied immediately after cleaning the steel
Apparent use of Nanotechnology: Silica Fume
Reason for Inclusion:
1. "Nanoparticle use in cementageous and concrete materials does concentrate on TiO2 and silica fume. Both additives though, are used in small quantities or in a two-layer system and only when specifically required for performance reasons because of the costs involved. Examples of products on a basis of silica fume that are currently at the market are i.e. Chronolia™, Agilia™ and Ductal™ by Lafarge and EMACO® Nanocrete by BASF."
Safety Data Sheet (SDS):
available online (see product link)
1. Broekhuizen. F, Broekhuizen. P (November 2009), Nano-products in the European Construction Industry, European Federation of Building and Woodworkers