Category: Insulation - Heat/Frost
Pyrogel XTE is the most effective high-temperature insulation material in the industrial market, typically 2-5 times thinner than other widely used insulation products.
Pyrogel XTE is used for a wide range of industrial applications encompassing project and maintenance work in refineries, petrochemical, and gas processing plants.
Apparent use of Nanotechnology: small nanopores
Reason for Inclusion:
"The solids in silica aerogels are poor conductors, consist of very small, three-dimensional, intertwined clusters that comprise only 3% of the volume. Conduction through the solid is therefore very low. The remaining 97% of the volume of aerogels is composed of air in extremely small nanopores." -Retrieved 12/9/2020 from https://www.aerogel.com/resources/about-aerogel/
Company: Aspen Aerogels
Safety Data Sheet (SDS):
1. Discover the aerogel market that is expected to reach $1,896.6 million, globally, by 2020 - WhatTech Channel: Industrial Market Research Reports
2. NIOSH Health Hazard Evaluation of Aerogel Insulation Particulate at a Union Training Facility - U.S. Department of Health and Human Services CDC/NIOSH