MasterEmaco S 5300CI is a single component, lightweight, polymer modified, high build structural repair mortar. MasterEmaco S 5300CI is a ready-to-use material that contains portland cement, well graded sands, specially selected polymer fibres and additives. Formerly known as EMACO® Nanocrete R3.
structural repair of lower strength concrete elements such as:
- balcony edges, soffits and decks
- multi-storey car parks
- window ledges
- lintels and beams commercial or domestic buildings
- building facades
- precast panels
- cantilevers or anywhere where concrete structures need to be repaired or reprofiled by hand
Apparent use of Nanotechnology: Silica Fume
Reason for Inclusion:
1. "Nanoparticle use in cementageous and concrete materials does concentrate on TiO2 and silica fume. Both additives though, are used in small quantities or in a two-layer system and only when specifically required for performance reasons because of the costs involved. Examples of products on a basis of silica fume that are currently at the market are i.e. Chronolia™, Agilia™ and Ductal™ by Lafarge and EMACO® Nanocrete by BASF."
Safety Data Sheet (SDS):
available online (see product link)
1. Broekhuizen. F, Broekhuizen. P (November 2009), Nano-products in the European Construction Industry, European Federation of Building and Woodworkers